Geoffs Genealogy Website – Updated 01 Jan 2007
Welcome to the first entry in my Geoffs Genealogy Blog.
I decided to start this blog as it enables me to keep you informed of the latest developments re my research interests, ands also serves as a reminder to me of what we have done and when! Very useful when updating the website periodically.
Not only that, but it also gives an opportunity for visitors to www.geoffsgenealogy.co.uk to post comments or additional information re the content of the site.
I have today updated the Geoffs Genealogy website with the following:
- The Collyer section now includes information about Joseph Collyer the Younger (1748-1827). He was a famous engraver – Portrait Engraver to Queen Charlotte. He was also Master of the Stationers’ Company in 1815. You can see an account of his life plus a few transcribed documents.
- The Hunt section now includes a page on Ann (Hunt) Stephens (c1770-1811) and her spouse – John Stephens. These were not famous people, like Joseph above, but I think you will find this information interesting. You can see an account of her life plus some documents.
- The Articles section contains an article on the subject of Infant Mortality in South Shropshire in the 1890s. I wrote this some years ago, but have just decided to share it with you.
- The Links page has been updated. One obsolete link removed and a few new ones added.
I hope you will enjoy looking at the material on our website. Don’t forget to post any comments you have (polite ones, that is) to this blog. Alternatively you can email me from the website.
- This page was last updated on Monday January 1st, 2007.